Container Gardens

 Hello All,

My multitude of containers are starting to get planted!  I really like some
of the combinations, at least right now!  It is always a challenge to figure
out how to combine the various annuals that I manage to amass during the
early spring!  I really should buy plants like clothes  and try to find
something that "matches" right away!  I have a closet full of clothes that
don't go with anything!  I usually end up wearing a white blouse and tan
pants or jeans. Boring! Well, I certainly hope that my containers are more
interesting than that! I usually try not to plant the same arrangement of
flowers from year to year. It's interesting to see the same container with
very different material in it. There are plants that I like and always use,
but not in the same way.

I'm still working on my white flowering garden and I came across a very
informative site with lists of white plants as well as other lists by
category. Check it out: http://www.darlsgarden.com/White_Flowers.html.

I have a plan for a new daylily garden where a huge brick barbeque used to
be. I need to spray the area with round up as there is some poison ivy and
other weedy growth where the bed will be.  I need to bring in about 5 - 6
yards of compost, I think.  Also, I would like to have three large rocks
incorporated in the design. I can only use a small dump truck to get the
soil to where I need it.  I'm not sure that a truck can even get there.  I
don't want to think about what it would take to move that much soil!  I'll
definitely need a forklift to place the rocks. Oh well, I think I might be
in over my head with these plans!

Chris
Long Island, NY
Zone 7a (Average min temp 50 - 00)