Re: Spray & Tides

  • To: gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: [CHAT] Spray & Tides
  • From: "Chapel Ridge Wal Mart National Hearing Center" 4042N15@nationalhearing.com
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 09:43:08 -0600

Re > Kitty, What were you doing on the roof?
Andrea, I was cleaning maple samaras out of the gutters.  Mick helped; he
can jump there from the arbor.  I used a ladder.

I have 2 Cordylines now.  One is C. bauerii, a spikey, deep purple plant.
The other is a screamer from Home Depot.  Wide deep purple leaves splashed
with hot pink.  3 big plants in a 3gal pot, only $6.99, labeled only
Cordyline species.  I haven't tried Nasturtiums in years, but these are
looking to be sturdy, plants.

I have 2 kinds of Filipendula. One is the regular Queen of the Prairie, I
think F. venusta.  Then I have 2 F. kahome, a dwarf variety less than a foot
tall.  All are planted in full sun. They do wilt and crisp if they don't get
the water they want, so you are definitely providing the necessities.

Kitty