Re: Plans for today

I actually got a lot accomplished this weekend. I finally finished the
front of the house. Now all I have to do is maintain through the rest of
the summer. I got everything planted that was supposed to go up there, all
of the mulch pile moved and spread, everything as weeded as possible, and
even managed to take some cuttings and get those started. I'm sore, but
rather pleased. The yard does need to be mowed, but other than that
everything looks pretty good.

When my friend and I went to Hilton Head yesterday we went to HD. They had
Coreopsis 'Limerock Ruby' so I replaced mine that died last year. I also
bought a Phlox 'Bright Eyes' which has the neatest foliage, and is covered
with pink flowers with a red eye. They are all now happily planted in a
large container together, along with some Portulaca and Rue. ( I might need
the Plant Police for this combo, LOL!)

HD also had Hydrangea 'Lady in Red' so my friend got one and I took
cuttings. Hopefully they make it. It was $11.95 for a sizeable one gallon
plant. Wayside wants $24.95 for theirs.....

I also got a few more grasses, Carex 'Toffee Twist' and I forgot the Latin
name, but the other two are Love Grass (starts with an E)

It was a very productive weekend. Hot and humid, but windy with Arlene out
there. No rain though, and we need it now! Rich, time to turn.

Andrea H
Beaufort, SC

Mahonia,