Re: today....Judy---

Sounds like the orange powder could have been 'Tang'? That was some of the worst tasting stuff I ever had. :-)
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Sunday, June 12, 2005 8:44 PM
Subject: RE: [CHAT] today....Judy---

So Judy-

You are saying it is within a person, rather than a NEW bacteria we have to
worry about?

I know a few years ago when my system was whacked and I was always ill, they
gave me an orange powder to mix with water. The nastiest stuff I ever
tasted. I didn't believe it at the time, but they claimed this was going to
remove all bacteria and fungus from my system, unfortunately good and bad
types. I did get better a week later, but still am not buying it did that.

Chris, this is a soapbox invitation I can't resist. Get ready
Resistant bacteria are getting more problematic each year. Part of the
problem is the widespread use of antibiotics! Especially with folks who
"save" a few pills from their prescription & self medicate the next time.
1st course of medication leaves a few of the most resistant germs, which
then are the ones to multiply. When they next get a cold & take the last
few, they expose more bacteria to the antibiotic without killing them and
build even more resistance in the "normal" bacteria we all host.
I won't get started on physicians who prescribe antibiotics for viral
infections, talk about malpractice.
Then there is a woeful lack of handwashing in the general public and most
OK getting down off the box.
too true about the tetanus injection. That was something the ER staff made
sure of too.
Judy B
Z 6 Idaho