Re: butterfly bush

Oh Auralie, your garden sounds lovely, conventional or not. I doubt most
people would call mine that either. I leave things ratty for the birds and
butterflies, leave a good bit of underbrush in the back for the bunnies and
birds in the winter, and generally just kind of do my own thing. Some
people might want to call the plant police on me.............

I've always wondered about the "common" milkweed. I've never actually seen
it that I know of. We grow the orange, red, yellow variety down here and
the Monarchs eat it just fine. I haven't had any in a few years as it is
truly an aphid magnet and makes me nuts. It is very pretty though. Yours
sounds great. I don't recall mine ever having a fragrance. Send a picture
to Donna sometime if you can please. I'd love to see what it looks like!

Andrea H
Beaufort, SC