this and that

  • To: gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: [CHAT] this and that
  • From: "Chapel Ridge Wal Mart National Hearing Center" 4042N15@nationalhearing.com
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 17:47:05 -0600

I just got the new brochure and CD for the 2006 AAS winners.  If anyone is
interested in this, speak up.  Purple carrots, a cilantro from Desperate
Housewives,  3 peppers, a Salvia, Dianthus, Diascia, a Zowie Zinnia, and a
deep purple Nicotiana.

When it rained the other day I remembered to collect some rainwater and used
a pH test dtrip in it.  Came out right at neutral.  I just tested the water
itself, didn't mix it with any of the solutions that came withe kit - it's a
soil testing kit.

WINDY!  I ran some errands on a long lunch hour - one on the far northwest
of town and the way east, but both close to 469.  I hit the board of health
vector station for 175  brochures on West Nile Virus for my neighborhood
newsletter and then headed the other way to go to my bank.  tried to get
home from there, but the only access was closed for construction, so back to
469.  I felt like I was being blown off the road several times.