Re: What happened to spring?

  • To: gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: [CHAT] What happened to spring?
  • From: "Chapel Ridge Wal Mart National Hearing Center" 4042N15@nationalhearing.com
  • Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2005 15:34:17 -0600

A couple of species that have thin foliage are Narcissus bulbocodium
conspicuus (including 'Golden Bells'), which have grass-like foliage, and N.
jonquilla simplex.  For cultivars, look to the triandrus and jonquilla types
for thin foliage that sort of disappears on its own.  These aren't really
big like the Large-Cups and the Butterflies, but they multiply well and put
on a great show.    A couple of my favorites are Hawera and Baby Moon.
Thalia is a Triandrus type, but its leaves are a bit wider.  Still those
leaves don't seem to present as much of a hassle for me as the Large-cups.