strong-minded plants

I most often tend to let plants grow where they want to, if they
seem to prefer another spot to the place I planted them - and
that happens surprisingly often.  The thing that bothers me
most, though, is the plants that prefer to live outside any
flower-bed, to say nothing of the grass that prefers the inside
of the bed to the lawn.  I have just finished digging a bunch
of Campanula glomerata out of the so-called lawn and putting
them back into beds.  I know they are crowded by the beebalm
and Siberian iris and coreopsis and a few other things, but they
are really better off in the bed.  They are going to get their
heads cut off otherwise.  Of course I am letting violets and
ajuga take over the so-called lawn, but that's all right with me.
And then there is the lily-of-the-valley that is trying to take over
the drive and outside the front beds.  It comes up right through
the pavement.  Do any of you have a solution for that?  They're
not bad in the spring, but by midsummer begin to look really
I'm really very tolerant (some would say sloppy) about letting
things grow unless I need the space for something else, and
I don't call things invasive that I can easily weed out if I don't
want it there - like Perilla frutescens.  This week I have
removed all the dame's rocket from the vegetable garden so
I could plant beans, but I thought they looked pretty nice when
they were blooming and the ground was too cold to plant beans.