is somebody mixed up?

My DH didn't really believe me when I told him the downy woodpecker
was drinking from the hummingbird feeder, but today he saw it too.
We have lots of downys and they usually gobble up the suet - sunflower
seed-peanut-butter cakes we feed them.  This one seems to have a real
sweet tooth.  She sits on the rim of the hummingbird feeder and drinks
long drafts of the sugar-water.  I've never seen another species do that.
I hope so much sugar isn't bad for her health    - woodies are supposed
to eat suet and seeds - never heard of them drinking nectar.