-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of Chapel Ridge Wal Mart National Hearing Center
Sent: Monday, June 27, 2005 11:10 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] hum...now sad...

I'm so sorry for your loss, too, Lynda.
I want to share this with all of you; it is from Roger Caras', "The Cats
of Thistle Hill".

"I have cried, too; I have felt a brick placed on my heart and threaten
to strangle me.  But now, I realize, in a quiet and I guess resigned
way, that every pet we ever hold is a tragedy waiting to happen to us.
It is inevitable.  Besides, from long experience I know that the fact
that a pet dies is far less important than that it lived.  I can look
back on some lifetime favorites like Rufus and Daisy, on Yankee the
Bloodhound and Grigitte the Toy Poodle, and I smile inside, not cry.  I
remember the wonderful things they used to do, not when they stopped
doing them.....I guess the only question we have to ask is, did we do as
well by him as we could have?  I hope the answer is yes.  I think it
is."

Kitty