Re: Favorite Salvia

In a message dated 6/27/05 9:51:30 AM, 4042N15@nationalhearing.com writes:

<<  I have a May Night and/or East Friesland >>

Kitty, I think you would like the performance of Caradonna.  It has the bloom
like MN & EF but is sturdy, standing erect and has the dark stem.
    My favorite is  a non hardy Salvia sold as van houttii and now labeled
splendons.  I have 'Paul' & Caribbean Coral' both blooming in mixed containers.
These because shrub like.
    'Black & Blue' is blooming in the garden also.  I wintered all 3 inside
over winter.  I also have a  lighter blue blooming in a mixed container which
was a new variety for us this year and the label was missing.  I like it very
much and hope it performs well for the entire season.