Re: Heronswood

> As with most of these types of corporate deals, he
> probably thought they would continue forever, he could
> do what he loved, and have money in his pocket without
> the hassel of paying the bills. I am sure they made
> him a great deal...or the nursery was already in deep
> trouble.

Yeah.  I think the problem is that he trusted them.  George Ball *did*
promise that the business would continue as before, and Burpee just wanted
access to their new stock and stuff.

Of course, now George says (as quoted in one of those articles):  'Well,
things change.'

What happened is that the buyer misrepresented themselves and the seller
naively believed them.