Re: gas plant

That's the one I have too and would be the most likely besides the species. Dictamnus albus 'Purpureus' is an AGM winner.
I ordered it from Bluebird, but they accidentally sent me the white. I'd rather have the purple (which is pink with lavender veination), but white will be fine.

neIN, Zone 5
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Friday, June 02, 2006 5:39 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] gas plant

In a message dated 06/02/2006 5:06:59 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
lindsey@mallorn.com writes:
Actually, I lied when I said I had Dictamnus albus.  I actually have
Dictamnus albus 'Purpureus' which is pink with lavender veination.

It sounds like that might be the one that you have.

What kind of conditions do you have it in?  Mine is in gravelly clay
with a lot of sun and not much competition.  It used to have plants
around it and wasn't nearly as happy then.

That sounds like mine, and your pictures look like mine, so that's
probably it.  My soil is pretty heavy clay.  I keep adding compost
but it seems to stay clay, anyway.  It is crowded, I know, but
somehow never seem to have time or strength to thin out the bed
properly.  It is in  good sun abut half the day - trees and hillside
about 10 feet away on the southeast, but good afternoon sun from
the west.  I'll try to give it more breathing space this summer -