To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Friday, June 02, 2006 11:08 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] gas plant>WSL orders

Bluebird was sort of a mixed bag on quality but customer service is
excellent. They immediately credited the puny Capsicum that they admit
should not have been sent. And when I asked about the white gas plant that
should have been purple, they offered to send the purple too, though I said
not to. Their Salvia 'Evolution' was not very good, but the Plumbago was
excellent. They individually wrapped each scented geranium, whch all
arrived in good shape. All 48 Red Hot Pokers were fabulous, not a runt in
the litter. The main reason I ordered from them at all was to obtain
Andropogon 'Silver Sunrise', a new GreatPlants release. They looked really
nice. But the Ppl Ftn Grass I ordered to fill out the flat was pretty sad.
Your experiences sound just like mine.  :)  I suppose I should just call
and ask them next time.  The Calylophus serrulatus 'Prairie Lode' that
I got look like they're finally taking off -- when I repotted them I
found that the roots still hadn't spread out of the original plug; it
looked like they'd just potted them the day before!

I received my Thalictrum delavayi 'Hewitt's Double' today and they
were gorgeous.  About two feet tall in six-inch pots and full of buds,
ready to bloom.  Of course, at that price they'd better be good.

My second order from Walters was shipped bone dry.  Do they do that to
retard growth?
I've heard a lot of people with that complaint; apparently it's being
done to cut down on shipping.  :(

Chris