Re: Toadsong

Hi Bonnie,
Well, I'm a tad behind in reading this group so pardon my tardiness.  I had to
sift through over 500 messages.  Thank heavens for computer auto-sorting.

My Iris are white, same as everything which was deliberately planted in my
garden.  It's a spirit garden, a moon garden, a female garden, dedicated to
purity and spirituality.  It has had some errant seeds crop up in it, like
some Gallardia last year.  I quit anally obsessing over it and left it there.

This is the 3rd year for the Iris, called Everblooming.  Yes they rebloomed
last year.  We'll see how they do this year.  The stalks fell over in a recent
rain so I rushed to their aide and put up a low wire fence around them to keep
them from falling over.  Of course, the broken stalks make their way into the
house in vases.  For the last week, when I encountered a sensually,
spiritually sweet smell in the house, I had to remind myself it was the Iris I
brought in.  Other white flowering plants in my garden are Spirea, Buddleia,
Iris, Columbine, Alyssum, Mum, Primula, Rhodedendron, Lilac (which did not
bloom this year), Bleeding Hearts, and a fancy fringed Spectabilis, with lots
of Hosta and Ostrich ferns.  Errant wild Violets are taking over.  This is
also a rock garden with two small water features.  And it's walled, behind
fence, nice and private.  :>

As far as my toads, the way they return annually, I'd have to say that they
consider me Toad Goddess, LOL.

Blessings,
Sue, Upstate NY, Zone 6

Finger Lakes Choral Festival
http://www.fingerlakeschoral.org

Saturday, 8 July 2006, 8:00 PM, with the Rochester Philharmonic Orchestra,
Beethoven's 9th Symphony, "Choral,"  Grand Re-Opening of Finger Lakes
Performing Arts Center at Finger Lakes Community College, Canandaigua.
Thursday, 27 July 2006, 8:00 PM, Mozart's Grand Masse in C Minor, Hochstein
Music School Performance Hall
Saturday, 29 July 2006, 8:00 PM, Mozart's Grand Masse in C Minor under Maestro
Uriel Segel and the Chautauqua Symphony Orchestra, Chautauqua Institution,
Chautauqua, NY
Hochstein performance tickets $15 or if purchased directly from a choir member
(me) $10
email me at taborri@rochester.rr.com for more information.