To: "Gardens & Gardening" <GARDENS@LSV.UKY.EDU>
Cc: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Saturday, June 10, 2006 8:39 PM
Subject: [CHAT] Plant Attack?

Hi...
Earlier this afternoon I was out checking on my garden. Everything was
fine. A few minutes ago I went out again and noticed that the pot that had
held one of my trailing petunias was now just a pot of dirt! I looked around
and found it torn up on a pile of debris on the other side of the ladybug
bush. My neighbor had hacked off the bush on his side. :-( The ladybug bush
is now awkwardly one sided. I retrieved my petunia but I think it's a lost
cause. It was torn from the pot.! The main stem is ripped, not cut. Very
strange. Oh well, I guess I have an excuse to make another trip to the
nursery! The row of hedges that serves as a fence between us was also
severely pruned. I can only assume that a branch got somehow tangled in my
plant and ripped it out. when he pulled on it. Poor plant!

Sue