Re: New garden pics

Hi Jim- both colors of the orchid cactus came from one of our old listserv friends - Lynda in Wyoming I believe (my memory for these things is awful). It grows very much like my night-blooming cereus does. Long flattish branches, with buds that pop up on the leave edges. A gangley looking plant- not that attractive honestly- but the flowers are stunning. I don't know the real name. The plant is right next to a potted palm tree- so you see it's leaves in one of the pics. If you remind me this fall, (and give me directions) I'd be happy to cut off a branch piece and send to you.
P.S. A couple years ago you sent me some African Iris seeds- and one of the plants is now large enough that I think it might actually bloom! No buds yet, but at least it is now a nice sized plant. So- thanks for sharing!

Theresa

james singer wrote:
Great job on the patio, Theresa. Very nice looking.

I'm smitten with your purple cactus flower. Do you know its real name? And what kind of structure does the plant have?