Re: Inside Bon Vivant Nursery

> This is beautiful....I shared it with my husband the plumber!  Suggested one
> for the back and he seemed to make funny faces at me!

:)  It was surprisingly easy and cheap to do.  The most expensive part is
the computer controller (which I already had for the underground irrigation
I put in the yard) -- to control 16 relays it costs about $200.

Here's the breakdown for the first section:

   Relay controller:             $200
	Lots of PVC:                  $ 40
   Shadecloth, 25x12' length:    $ 33
	Relay:                        $ 12
	7-conductor irrigation cable: $ 22
	Cheap garden hose (to cut):   $ 10
   2 female hose ends            $  4

Extra sections:

	Lots of PVC:                  $ 40
   Shadecloth, 25x12' length:    $ 33
	Relay:                        $ 12
   2 female hose ends            $  4

It's not a horrible cost when you think about how much time it saves.  Not
to mention protecting your investment -- some of those plants cost as much
as $8.50 each wholesale!  :)

> Also love teh Opuntia!  I have had one for several years and really dread
> the weeding around it!  I have resorted to using the grill tongs just to
> move it about to weed!  The large spines are easy to spot - it is the tiny
> hair like ones that always get me!  The blooms are absolutely breathtaking!
> Thanks for sharing the pictures!

:)  I'm glad I found another Opuntia lover.  More people need to plant
this!  And the mental image of tongs made me laugh.  :)