To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Friday, June 16, 2006 3:28 PM
Subject: [CHAT] Rain garden

Spent 3 hrs today planting wetland plants to create a rain garden at
our local community college. Plants were supplied by the state - soil
and water conservation folks, I think. My concern was the follow up
care. So many people think that plants can simply be plunked into the
ground and they will grow. Even natives in a fairly congenial
environment need a little TLC until they get established!

Cathy, west central IL, z5b