From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Aplfgcnys@aol.com
Sent: Friday, June 16, 2006 3:38 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Eerie Quiet...

Just returned from a State Garden Club meeting in Ithaca, plus a stop- over
in Cortland, near Ithaca, for a brief visit with #2 son who lives there.
The weather was gorgeous, with temperatures in the 60s to low 70s each day,
but it has warmed up to the 80s today.  The drive out through the Catskills
is so beautiful. It always makes me feel so thankful for having been able to
live in this area and travel about the state for so long.  The drive back
this morning was further enlivened on RT17 when we passed a parade of a
dozen antique cars.  Chet has always been a car buff, and was so excited -
naming the year and model of each as we caught up to it.  Then we pulled
into a rest stop to change drivers and they got ahead of us so we could pass
them again.  This time I was driving, so he could really take in the
details.
The next time we stopped to change drivers, the parade pulled into the
parking lot behind us, so Chet was able to hop out and talk to the drivers
and take a close look at each one.  They were on their way to an Antique
Auto Show somewhere near Middletown.
Auralie

In a message dated 06/15/2006 9:35:56 PM Eastern Daylight Time,