Re: Sizzling Afternoon!

In a message dated 6/18/2006 3:24:08 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
sue.nyc@att.net writes:

Wow it's  toasty here in NYC...95 degrees so far. I just got back inside  from
watering and checking the garden and I am wiped! There is a "Air  Stagnation
Advisory" out...basically it means a smog alert.. People like me  (I have
Asthma) are supposed to stay indoors, but I couldn't stay away from  my
plants! Everything looks so happy! I have a Jalapeno almost ready to  pick,
and the rest of the peppers, cukes and tomatoes are blooming like  mad. I
replaced the trailing petunia that got murdered by the mystery hedge  butcher
and it's doing great.
The best part is I have nice fat bees and  ladybugs everywhere. A few of my
bell pepper plants have some  tiny
holes, but I imagine that's to be expected. I have a Pyethrin spray,  which I
avoid using as much as possible, and a homemade spray of Palmolive  dish
soap, water, and some rubbing alcohol. I'd rather let the ladybugs do  the
job though!  My hubby to be brought home some Cayenne pepper  plants so we
added those to the group. He can't wait to make his own hot  sauces and
chili..he's a hot pepper lover.
My rose bush is even doing  well. Right after we planted it we got a week of
cool heavy rains, and it  looked really sad..it was literally a stick in the
mud. Now it's got leaves  bursting out everywhere. My herbs are growing like
crazy too. I have  Oregano, Dill, Chamomile, and Lavender. Below is a link to
our pepper  pic-hubby to be is so excited..he's never grown veggies before.
Looks we  have yet another convert! :-)

First  Jalapeno!

Sue (Zone  6b/NY)

I'll say it is hot..  Compressor on AC went Friday nite   :(