Re: misapplied grass seed

I realize that having a DH can be quite beneficial, but there are those times when...

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Monday, June 19, 2006 5:26 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] misapplied grass seed

I can SO relate. My DH built a rock path around one of my gardens and
then filled in the cracks with dirt. And built up around the path with
dirt. THEN..he decided it needed some grass - really FAST - so he went
and bought seed and just threw it EVERYwhere. I'm still picking out
grass starts out of my garden.

Kitty <kmrsy@comcast.net> wrote: The city tore out much of my neighborhood's 40 year old sidewalks. They
only did 10 feet of my 60 feet because I had already replaced mine about
8yrs ago. One piece had a crack from a silver maple so they ripped out 10
feet and of course it will crack again in a few years. The contractor then
added new soil alongside the new cement, seeded it and threw some straw on
it.

The problem is that they were supposed to put the seed on the foot of new
soil alongside the cement. Instead, they threw it in my flower bed so now I
have more grass in my bed than where it was supposed to be. My plan had
been to just let them do their thing, knowing it wouldn't do well (you don't
seed cool season grasses in June) Then just kill it off and do it right at
Labor Day. However, now I have all this grass in my front bed and I can't
spray it. Good plants are too close and the grass is all over.

What would you do?

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5