From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Donna
Sent: Sunday, June 25, 2006 10:48 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Today in the Garden

Picky is the problem here also.  I tried using bulk mulch twice, both times
were a disaster. The first time I attributed it to me not asking for the
right stuff, but the second time really pissed me off, as I brought a sample
of what I wanted.  One of our clients is a wholesaler of mulch, so actually
I can get as much as I want for free delivered.

Anyways, I watch for the year end sales of the bagged type I like. (western
mini-chunk bark) I leave it in the back area till the following year. By
then, any seeds or nonsense has died off being heated up in those plastic
bags. (which I reuse for hualing out
weeds)

I am sure there are other types that work better or last longer.  Personally
found that this doesn't blow away (which used to be a problem here in the
spring), and decomposes nicely into the soil.

So what does everyone else use?

Donna

(http://www.hcs.ohio-state.edu/hcs/TMI/Plantlist/ho_rdata.html)

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/chrispnpt/detail?.dir=e995&.dnm=d185.jpg.