Re: Today in the Garden

In a message dated 6/25/06 7:36:34 PM, chris@widom-assoc.com writes:

> Oh, BTW, I took a photo of your namesake lily
> this evening

Great photo, Chris.   I purchased 9 bulbs last fall, gave 3 to my neighbor
and planted 2 clumps of 3@.   They are finished blooming already.
     The tour was from 9-4 and I did have the city post 'no parking' signs on
the opposite side of the street to reduce the risk of an accident and also to
allow my neighbors easy access to their homes.   Our guests parked on our cul
de sac and on the intersecting street.   I had my MG volunteers park in a
school parking lot & walk across the greenbelt walkway to my garden.   The
weather was overcast & cooler than the past week so was very comfortable.   I really
had a back ache last night.   I work in my garden many days 10-12 hrs but
just standing took its toll.   I usually have something to eat or drink for
smaller groups but for this we simply moved the water cooler on the deck so they
could get a cold drink.
     Chris, I am not a photographer & do take some photos but not digital & I
don't have a scanner.   I felt uneasy with the photographer that was here
Fri.   He seem to be clumsy and not so in tune with plants.   They usually have
they corporate photographer but this was a freelancer.
     So glad it is over.   I have a couple more small ones scheduled later in
the season.   We did get some more rain today :-)
     Ceres