Re: Today in the Garden

Been going thru this knee thing with my mother.  It is
quite depressing to watch her deteriorate.

Looking back two months ago, she was traveling all
around the US, teaching line dancing a couple days a
week, and runnign rug camps (the old art form of tiny
pieces of wool hooked into burlap)...

Now I have to cut her food and help her eat among
other things.

the knees got better with the cortizone shot, but they
tell me it is not long lived, and she will either have
the protein shots or a transplant.

problem currently is her arms and hands... swollen,
difficult to move without pain, she had a bunch of
tests and xrays taken, going to the doctor again
tomorrow to hear what they can do. Currently on
steroids and pain killers. Now she is seeing things
and havign wierd dreams...

Quite scary from my perspective, but not much else I
can do right now.

Anyways, if they can do things for my mother who is in
her 70's, why can't they do it for you Ceres?

Donna