Re: Iris

Though I suppose I lean toward cool colors, I don't think there is any color I don't like. When it comes to red I prefer true red or one that leans toward blue on the wheel. However, I am growing Emilia for the first time this year and the flowers are red-orange and just darling! Very lively. I'm quite taken with them.

neIN, Zone 5
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Tuesday, June 27, 2006 2:04 PM
Subject: RE: [CHAT] Iris

Yes Ceres, it is determined by our personalities I hear. I have sprinkles
of red throughout the house and lots of red in my wardrobe. I love red in
the garden as well. However, too much red would drive my DH batty, though
we both think all convertibles should be candy apple red. LOL!!!

When mother was younger, she said it was the gypsy coming out in me as her
grandmother had been a German Gypsy...the first that settled in one spot
from her troupe. Great Grandmother was a very kind and tender sole who
cared for the homeless in her community even though they too were dirt poor.
Great Grandpa would visit the downtown restaurants and glean their stale
bread and pastries to help feed the family. Since he had a car, he offered
it and himself for taxi service too. (Great grandpa was physically
handicapped.) Mother had always loved vibrant colors and could put together
unusual color combinations and make them look stunning. There was always
something red around the house (inside and out.) Perhaps for me, the color
red has more to do with family history.

Bonnie (SW OH - zone 5)