Re: OT: I survived!- the sage continues

Oh Theresa-what a time you're having. I know you can't wait to get out of there. We're thinking of you.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Theresa -yhoo" <tchessie@yahoo.com>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2007 10:16 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] OT: I survived!- the sage continues

Well-  I responded too soon, as Wednesday she was
ANGRY.  So, all the screaming and threatening was
saved for that day.  I asked them to give her her PRN
meds.  Seems to have helped, as she actually called an
apologized to me a couple of hours later.  Today she
is as happy as can be.  She has made a friend who also
likes gardening and at a similar stage of Alzheimers
so they can chat and complain together.  It's great.
With the help of a vet who would do a home visit, we
had my mom's cats put to sleep this afternoon- sad,
but they were totally unadoptable- heck, you can't
even get them in a cat carrier and one of them hardly
lets anyone touch it.  it was less than fun try to
catch and hold them for the first shot.  i was armed
in thick leather gloves, leather coat and jeans.  Was
a good plan as home did bite- but couldn't get through
the gloves to my hand.  The vet is my sister's
neighbor and friend and truly an angel to help with
this as the cats are cute, but a nightmare to deal
with.  It is really for the best, as they would never
adjust to someone other than my mom.  We have told my
mom that they are going to live with my youngest
sister in New York, and she was OK with this.  So, I
think now all of the horrible jobs are done for this
trip.  I'm super tired, i miss my garden and my cats.
I'll be in Tx until Monday, then flying to Boston to
see my oldest sister and nephew (who is graduating
from preschool).  I plan on doing almost nothing
there, but recuperating!  Hope everyone's garden is
growing well, and thank you all again for the support.

Thersa
--- Zemuly Sanders <zemuly@comcast.net> wrote:

Oh, Theresa, that's great news!  Sometimes things do
work out -- even when
we least expect them.
zem
----- Original Message ----- From: "Theresa -yhoo" <tchessie@yahoo.com>