Re: weeds

I didn't mention one of my favorite volunteers that I don't really
consider a weed although it chooses its own sites.  This is
Digitalis ambigua, the perennial yellow foxglove.  It was
growing here when we moved here, though I don't believe it
was wild.  I've never seen it anywhere else.  I love it because
it grows where other things don't, like deep shade, dry clay,
and generally difficult spots, and because the deer don't
touch it.  It is just coming into bloom now, and will continue
to bloom, off and on, most of the summer.  At its peak, it
lines the boulders and dark pathways with soft yellow
spikes like candles.  I have a friend who declares anything
that grows where she didn't plant it is a weed.  She misses
a lot.
In a message dated 06/01/2007 2:06:30 PM Eastern Standard Time,