Re: Tis the season...

We had a very dry May here in neIN, relatively speaking. Recently we've had some rain - the race got rained out but not til a winner was declared. But the 90 degree temps haven't been helpful. I haven't checked any statistics, but as usual here, the ridiculous ups and downs have me running in circles. Not enough time to tinker with irrigation so I have to waste more time playing catch up watering buy hand so things don't dry out. I've got pots everywhere. Things need to get in the ground, others need potted on, organizing, etc. And it is June already.

neIN, Zone 5
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Friday, June 01, 2007 8:45 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Tis the season...

Donna, Rich, Cathy, Kitty & others in the midwest, how have the rains been in
your area?   This is starting to look like a 93' season in our area.   We
traveled north to our daughters several times last weekend and drove N on Hwy 17 where there is a long bridge, commonly called 'hi-bridge' which stands very tall across the river valley. It is very full at this time. In 93' flood it
was lapping at the bottom of the bridge which was very scary and seemed
totally unreal later. On a postive note, we have not needed the irrigaton system
or the hoses.

See what's free at