Re: ants and mulch

Call the local animal shelter and see if they have an aardvark up for adoption, I guess. You sure they're ants and not termites? Mostly ants are an esthetic nuisance but usually harmless [except for fire ants that sting and carpenter ants that bite]. Since they nest underground, there are arguments that they are actually good for plants by improving root-zone tilth... yeah, spray 'em. Rotenone.