From: Marge Talt <mtalt@hort.net>
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Sent: Monday, June 11, 2007 3:34:55 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] ants

They'll also go for any sweet sap - like that's why they crawl over
peony buds - so maybe if lilies are getting ready to bloom, they're
producing some sweeties the ants are after.

Marge
who has not died; just been up to eyebrows nailed to workstation
forever.

We bought land - 6 acres + pond about 50 miles west of here.....step
one in the masterplan!

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Shadyside Garden Designs

> From: james singer <islandjim1@verizon.net>
>
> Ants farm scale as well as aphids. Otherwise, no ideas.
>

> On Jun 10, 2007, at 6:02 PM, Kitty wrote:
>
> > Hand watering has its good points.  Can bring you up close and
> > personal with plants.  My viburnum had been scorched  so it was
> > stressed but putting out new growth so I make sure it gets water.

> > today I saw ants all over it. Appeared to be herding aphids.
Directly