Re: overwhelmed was: ants

Sounds like a great find, Marge. Got plans for those other 5 acres? Keep it wild... or?

On Jun 12, 2007, at 2:30 AM, Marge Talt wrote:

Lordy, friends, I'm overwhelmed by the welcome back....not sure I'm
"back" but do have a breather here for a bit.

Auralie, only wish I had things under control...it's nose above water
time, as usual, but there is a glimmer of light at the end of that
looooong tunnel:-)

Donna, been potting my brains out every spare minute; hundreds potted
and haven't made a noticeable dent.  As soon as I can get some deer
fencing up, will start bagging and schlepping and putting plants in a
holding area.  Am so excited about the pond; have wanted one for
about 35 years:-)  It's not all that large - spring fed  - about 30 x
75 and I intend to at least double the size if it looks like the
spring will produce enough water to fill it and keep it filled.

Bonnie, property is basically wooded with about an acre cleared; has
well, septic and drive (long about 800') already in as it had been
sold before to someone who had a doublewide on it and seller had to
foreclose for non-payment.  Master plan is to get this place sold;
new one built; us moved and me retired and this business closed down;
take a year off of gainful employment and see if I still have a life
out there somewhere and decide what I want to do, if anything, when I
grow up:-)

Cyndi - have some pix from several months ago - snow still on ground.
 Am going out there tomorrow with camera if I can remember to take
any shots when I'm there; have forgotten last several times I've been
out.  If I do, will try to get some posted somewhere.

Judy B - time is still the major issue on all fronts; simply NOT
enough of it in the day and night.  Move is progressing with snail
like speed but have made first hurdle which was finding a property
that suited us and we could afford and buying it....spent incredible
hours searching for same..so getting this step complete is a major
relief.

Rich - canning my current non-stop work schedule is a major goal so I
CAN have some time and some fun building a new garden.  Major
congrats on your daughter's wedding - a big step in all your lives, I
know.  It's gonna be fine...all you gotta do is stand there and grin
while she walks down the aisle:-)

Kitty.....furnace?  Well currently we have an oil fired boiler - hot
water baseboard with 8 zones and enough copper pipe to build a
battleship, I think.  What I want - if I can manage it - is
geothermal -radiant floor and passive solar backed up with a
soapstone wood stove + photovoltaic solar on the grid to offset
electric costs - major goal is getting out from under the assorted
thumbs of the utility companies to whom I basically owe my soul in
this house...we shall see how far I can get on that wish list:-)

Someone on this list has geothermal, I think....need to pick brains
of whomever that is; sorry what passes for my mind can't remember
right now...gettin' so I can hardly remember my own name:-)

Again, I thank all of you dear people for being there and all.....I
try to skim list posts to keep some idea of what's going on with
everyone; just have not had email time of late.

Marge

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Shadyside Garden Designs