From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of Zemuly Sanders
Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2007 2:31 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: [CHAT] Cat News

I am now down to only two outside cats.  I have lost 5 more this spring.

The total loss for the town is about 20.  We have a pack of coyotes, and
they are eating them all.  The mayor has declared open seaon on the
coyotes, but I'm not sure that is a very good idea considering the mind
set of most people here where firearms are concerned.  I have two
outside cats remaining.  So far they have stayed in my small (high)
fenced back yard.  I am still feeding 3-4 cats at the abandoned house
around the corner.  This has been a bad year for cats in LaGrange.

The upside of having fewer cats in town is that we are suddenly having
more birds.  The downside is we are also seeing more squirrels, snakes
and mice.
I'm hoping people around here might notice the interconnectedness (?) of
life around us, but I know that's just wishful thinking...
zem
zone 7
West TN