Re: tow trucks

When we moved here my husband used a JDeere farm tractor to yank out an overgrown yew. Dragged it to the back and plunked it in an ugly corner. It's still there. A good 15 ft high and about 10wide.

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5
To: "gardenchat list" <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2007 7:57 PM
Subject: [CHAT] tow trucks

After 8-9 years my rose of sharon bush died. As you can imagine, it got
huge over the length of time, as it was a good size to begin with. Since
there was no signs of life after winter, decided I better get it out
before someone starts complaining as it was planted in the front yard.

I started digging up some stuff around it, cause I figured digging it
out would destroy them anyways. Due to lack of rain here, that ground
was hard than I thought.

Jim, I expected to see you filming this, as I called the tow truck
driver to come over.... less than a minute, it was out of the ground -
roots and all.... gotta love tow trucks! Of course, it took longer to
cut it up to fit in the back of the pickup to haul away.....

Anyways, I still don't know why it died? Roots didn't look chewed on ... no bugs or critters to be found....

Donna
who invisioned herself out there for days digging it up.....