"What would Juanita [Chuck's wife] say?" I asked.

"If I brought one of those home? She wouldn't say nothing. She'd just slap the s.... out of me."

End of story.

On Jun 13, 2007, at 1:41 PM, Donna wrote:

Is this the same person with the statue in the front lawn that started the film at eleven series?

Bizzare is right...

Donna

----- Original Message ----
From: james singer <islandjim1@verizon.net>
To: Garden Chat <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Wednesday, June 13, 2007 10:03:06 AM
Subject: [CHAT] Mowing his lawn...

It's raining, see. But the genius across the street always mows his
lawn on Wednesday morning, so he was out there riding around on his
mower with a rain hat and poncho on. So what did he do when he finished
putting ruts in the lawn? Well, he got the blower out. He always blows
off his driveway after he mows. I don't know why. Except today, in the
rain, apparently the grass resisted blowing because he worked at it for
about 15 minutes without moving so much as a foot down the drive... and
gave up.

This is the same person who has a hibiscus trimmed into a perfect ball
in his front yard. Once, when I worked at the nursery, a colleague
[Chuck, who was driving a nursery truck] stopped by and as we were
chatting, the guy came over and asked Chuck why his hibiscus never
bloomed. Chuck looked at it and said, "You prune it too much. It blooms
on new wood, and it looks like you cut all the new wood off." The guy
said thanks.

Next day he was back out with electric hedge clippers, trimming his
hibiscus ball.

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.1 N, 82.4 W