wild and wooly

I'm sorry about the cats. We have so few cat pets in our neighborhood.
So far, we haven't had the problem with coyotes but we have few feral
cats. I think the dogs have reduced them as several are catters. From
time to time, we have black bears that get pretty far into town...it
amazes me just where they are able to travel, especially across busy

There is a fox couple that has been hunting in the neighborhood...we
think they must have kits because they are more visible about getting
food. I saw the male carry a bird away from the yard last week. He was
beautiful. The female looks rough but I have seen on a program that the
female molts to provide soft lining for the den for the young and always
looks bad after the kits come.

We also have beavers that live in the river banks. They are going after
a lot of the fruit trees in the neighborhood, much to the dismay of
owners. One neighbor surrounded the trunk with metal to keep them from
further damage. And, put out a trap with poison bait. I was distress as
our small terrier could have easily gotten into it. I don't think he was

The rabbits are numerous and I guess that is what keeps the fox family
going. Also, squirrels are everywhere. I dread this fall as there will
be little or no mast for them so they will be more pesty than usual.

Bonnie Zone 7/7 ETN
Remember: The River Raisen, The Alamo, The Maine, The Alamo, Pearl Harbor, 9/11