Re: two pictures- one for ID, one for Auralie

> It is Lewisia!  I had one and it died this spring.  I think it was
> getting too much sun and heat here.

What I've been surprised with in the nursery is how much water it wants.  I
always thought of Lewisias as drought-loving plants, but the nursery stock
is only happy in morning to early afternoon sun (sunrise to 2pm) with
daily watering.  Being in tall pots they drain quite well, which is
obviously critical...

The same holds true for the Regenbogen mixed hybrids:

   http://www.hort.net/gallery/view/por/lewcore/

Chris