Re: Re: critters

Of course you have-that's how Charlotte's babies traveled. ;-) A
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2007 4:41 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Re: critters

No, I've never seen that..but I'd probably run...I wouldn't want them
landing in my HAIR. It's bad enough when you walk through a spider web
because you didn't see it...then wondering where in the heck the spider
IS now that you've walked through their web. Ick.

I've had bad experiences with spiders. A brown recluse bit me last year.
And I've had other spider bites that swell up like golf balls.

About spiders... Anyone ever witnessed an invasion of ballooning spiders? Two or three times at the farm the air filled with them, blown in from who knows where. Like an airborne division of tiny aliens in silk pajamas. Apparently, they can ride the air currents for quite a way--Darwin recorded their landing on the Beagle when she lay 60 miles off the coast of Chile. Also, apparently, it's not species specific--lots of different ones use this mode of transportation.