RE: critters > fence ideas

I don't have much to offer for plant suggestions, although I do have
experience with pyracantha and I suspect it wants more sun than your
area has. But you were looking for sectionally removable fencing for the
utility people - you might consider something similar to what we use for
horse corrals. Livestock panels come in various sizes, sometimes with
only the pipe rails but you can also get it covered with wire in any
size mesh you want and I would suspect solid material as well.
They are meant to be set on the ground with a minimum of digging so no
poles to cement in. The pipe on one edge of the panel is connected to
the pipe edge of the next panel with a pair of clamps shaped like the
number "3". The curled ends go around the pipes on each side and are
connected through the middle with a big bolt. Easy to unscrew the bolts
and lift out the panel. This is the best picture I could find of the
clamps:
http://www.hearnesteel.com/merchandise/index.php?cat=65&exp=true&parent=
30

And here is a web site for the company we bought our corrals from, just
to get some ideas of what is available, there is very likely something
similar near you.
http://www.billetbarns.com/

If I had unwanted kids congregating near my backyard I would be watching
rather carefully for suspected drug deals. In fact, I might end up
calling the police and letting them know what times of day those kids
were hanging around and that I thought I saw drugs passing hands...

Cyndi