help help!!

I have a little hummingbird here and he cannot seem to fly. I don't want to let him go for fear one of the cats will get him. He can use his wings but can't seem to get altitude. Could be he just hit the screen of the Florida room and has caused him temporary difficulty. But what do I do now?
He's on the counter under a screen-type collander.

neIN, Zone 5