Re: water canna

Agree with that - my lilies are all at at least 3 ft depth. Most marginal water plants - canna, taro, iris, pickerel weed, etc like no more than a couple inches over their roots. I am losing some this year as the rain has put water way over the normal levels in my farm pond.
On Jun 8, 2008, at 6:41 AM, DP wrote:

Most water lilies can stand a 3' depth once they've got some growth. Try submerging it to the bottom and see whether the leaves don't head for the surface in a day or two. Then you'll have the stand for your Canna.

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Franzman" <dfranzma@pacbell.net >
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Saturday, June 07, 2008 7:39 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] water canna

Hey everybody
Well that's about what I thought...you all seem to be on the
same page. My problem is that my pond doesn't really lend itself to only submerging part of the pot or even the whole thing because it's 3' deep with no edges. I do have water lillies but the pot is on a stand however, more
than one stand in the pond I'm afraid would look goofy I think.
Thanks for the

cathy carpenter
west central IL, z5b