Re: speaking of storms...

Hi everybody! Thought I'd check in...as Mardi sent you the link to the
Cedar Rapids Gazette, guess you all have heard we are experiencing major
flooding here in IA. 88 out of our 99 counties have been declared state
disaster areas...all 9 of the major tributaries/rivers running through
the state are flooding at or above record high levels. The Iowa City
Press Citizen has some impressive pictures at
http://www.press-citizen.com or go to the local TV station

if you want to see the amazing power of Mother Nature in liquid form.
And yes, the tragedy of those Boy Scouts has just added more grief to
the mix here. One of the families has set up a fund to help build
underground storm shelters at the camp...

Anyway, we are busy sandbagging our little town...we are about 1/3 of a
mile from the Iowa River...and water is already flooded out of the
river, across the farm fields and is at the edge of town. And the river
isn't expected to crest until Tuesday, five to ten feet higher than it
is right now. Guess we'll see how wet we get. Marty, Mark, and Morgan
have been out sandbagging. Meg and I have been setting the house to
order and moving stuff we don't want to lose...important papers and
photographs and the like. Talk to again when I can. Hope all of you are
doing well.

Blessings in Christ's mercy,