Re: Questions about the Springfield, Ill area

I would enthusiastically second the Dana-Thomas Home (but be aware the lighting is authentically period!), and all the LIncoln sites. The Lincoln Museum and Library are new and very impressive. I recently visited New Salem, a town that no longer exists but has been reconstructed as an historic site, and it certainly receives a "thumbs up" - the visitor center has an excellent presentation on Lincoln's stay in New Salem as well as thought provoking discussion on the reason for the town's demise. The Lincoln tomb and its environs are also worth visiting - historically and aesthetically. And, you might consider a visit to me! While I will be in and out of the area (a family reunion is planned around the third week in July), I'd love to meet you and am willing to drive to Springfield, if Quincy (a lot to see) is too far for you.
cathy carpenter
west central IL, z5b