Re: holli/tropical

David,

  Not all your plants are ready to kick the bucket.  One of them is still alive here.

Last year during a storm a pole lamp fell smack dab in the middle of it
and split the main stem in half almost to the dirt line. Figured it was
a gonner, but it dropped a few leaves and continued to grow and heal the
crack. I brought it to the office over winter. Got all yellow leaves and
nasty. Looked like dead branches with about 4 leaves on it by spring
when I set it out on the deck. It currently has a bunch of tiny leaves
sprouting everywhere on those dead looking branches.... amazing.

  Donna

David Franzman <dfranzma@pacbell.net> wrote:
  Hey Holli
I'm sorry to hear about the health situation there. I remember you
were having some issues when we used to talk a few years ago.
You aren't the
first to have an issue with hibs particularly the ones I handled. They can be
a bit touchy. You noticed! Especially true when you are distracted for more
than five minutes. Garden varieties are easier but still picky. Enjoy your
plummies. I have five now but they sure are slow to grow out this year. I'm
trying to root out a few more but they took a bad hit during the winter. I
had far too many plants in my little greenhouse and it was too humid for
them. Lesson learned...bone dry is the only way to go with them in the
winter.
Take care and best of luck to you and yours.
Df

----- Original
Message ----