From: Pam Evans <gardenqueen@gmail.com>
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Sent: Monday,
June 23, 2008 7:11:16 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] OT - ongoing plumbing saga.
Honestly, I asked him if he was kidding.  Fortunately we were on the phone
he couldn't see the look on my face.  I asked Bobby how he kept a
face when he told him that and he said it was very difficult.

6/23/08, Theresa G. <macycat3@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> That is just crazy.
Of course there are spiders under the house, along
> with a whole host of
other creepy crawling things, spiderweb, dirt, and
> other decayed things that
are no longer identifiable.  That is why they wear
> those jumpsuit-looking
things to keep as much off them as possible.  I'm
> afraid I would have
laughed if a plumber said that to me.  I would have
> thought it was a joke@
> Pam Evans wrote:
>> Well, the plumber finally came out today (my
neighbor was home so he was
>> "babysitting") and get this.  He calls me and
says - ma'am, you have
>> spiders
>> under your house.  I said hello, the
house is 150 years old, what did you
>> expect?  Well he just can't be going
under there under he kills the
>> spiders
>> and he'll be back tomorrow.  I
said I have a better idea, spray go to
>> lunch,
>> come back and they'll be
dead.  Oh no he says, can't take that chance.  I
>> told him NO aerosols, I
have a cat in the house.  So he got some Viper -
>> whatever that is - a pump
spray and sprayed all under there and will be
>> back
>> in the morning.  I
told him I am not happy having to take tomorrow off for
>> this, and you
better be back.  He said he would.  I'm thinking this guy is
>> in the wrong
line of work.  Plumbers are always going under houses, in
>> cabinets under
sinks, in old water heater closets which all are spider
>> prone.  HELLO??  He
had better do a DARN good job because I am NOT happy
>> w/
>> this rube at
this point. Looks like there are two leaks, not one. I'm so
>> delighted -
not.  And he's no kid, Bobby (neighbor) says he looks to be in
>> his
mid-40's.  I was flabbergasted.  My boss looked at me like I was nuts
>> when
I told him about it.  So here we go - another exciting evening of no
water.  Sheesh.
>> thanks for letting me vent.....
> message text

Pam Evans