From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of David Franzman
Sent: Thursday, June 26, 2008 12:51 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Smoke gets in my eyes

Hi Cyndi
Its so smokey here that I can taste it.  The nearest major fire from
me is 40 miles away as the crow flies but its like winter here as well.
No
sun for the last 3 or 4 days...only nuclear night.  Very strange.  At
one
point there were almost 1,000 fires in California.  So many that fires
that
hundreds are going without anybody trying to put them out.  AND ITS ONLY
JUNE.  Just wait until September after six months of no rain.
David

-----