Re: Smoke gets in my eyes

Oh, I'm with you on the noise. I'm working all weekend Fri-Mon, and it's hard to get to sleep with that noise. I'll make sure my iPod is charged and sleep with the earbuds in. Maybe that will help. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Donna" <gossiper@sbcglobal.net>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Monday, June 30, 2008 7:02 PM
Subject: RE: [CHAT] Smoke gets in my eyes

Doubt the police could arrest just about the entire town.....It isn't
like there is only one or two houses having parties and doing this.
Block parties are very popular here. They drive around, but for the most
part, that day you can get away with making as much noise as you can
afford. They don't allow it to happen the entire weekend.... just on the
4th. I guess I am the old prude here as I just don't enjoy the loud
noises..especially if it goes on all night.

 Donna

Kitty <kmrsy@comcast.net> wrote:
 >> > And they are not legal here

If not legal, can't you call police? Or do you just not want to spoil their fun?
--
Kitty
neIN, Zone 5

Although it usually isn't the immediate neighbors that are lighting
stuff off, they seem to fly over to my yard from the next block. July
5th is always clean up the mess day. sigh. And they are not legal here
either. I am hoping who ever it is has moved!

Donna

"Johnson, Cyndi D Civ USAF AFMC 95 CG/SCSRT"
wrote:
We will be in the mountains so I am hoping not only are people in my
neighborhood going to be cautious (HAH!) but I sure hope no one up there
decides it would be fun to light up the forest. It doesn't do any good
to ban them here though. You can go up one of the hills and see rockets
going off all over the valley. Huge fireworks too, like in the
city-sponsored displays, not just little ones. I have no idea where they
come from - Mexico I guess, or other states where they're legal.

Cyndi