Re: questions

  • Subject: Re: questions
  • From: james singer <inlandjim1@q.com>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2009 16:09:07 -0700

Hi. Welcome to the group.

I don't know the answer to your first question--is there is or is there ain't GMO alpine strawberries--but I'd guess it's highly unlikely. No, or minimal, commercial value to alpine strawberry crops, so no economic reason to stuff alpine strawberry DNA with genes to make the fruit blue or resistant to RoundUp.

Most of your other questions I can't answer except the last two. I can't speak for the crowd, but I'm not sure most of us do not prefer alpines over others [too small; too tedious to pick]; and, no, not all are "wild." I have some that are Italian cultivars.