Up - and then down
  • Subject: Up - and then down
  • From: "Johnson, Cyndi D Civ USAF AFMC 95 CS/SCOSI" <cyndi.johnson@edwards.af.mil>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 08:15:09 -0700

Last night I was in the veggie garden checking on things and DH found a
ripe tomato. OMG! Tiny little thing too, about the size of a cherry
tomato (I didn't plant any red cherry tomatoes) but nonetheless, there
it was and red ripe. Must have set while they were in the greenhouse.
Tasty. I also picked the very first baby zucchini, probably not
pollinated so I just snapped them off. Woohoo!
But then I went to pull some lettuce and my happy mood evaporated. In
early spring I had fenced the pea bed and the lettuce bed in chicken
wire to keep out the rabbits. But I ran out of chicken wire and instead
of going out to buy more that day I used a bit of bird netting I found
stuffed in the shed. Well...last night trapped in that bird netting I
found two dead gopher snakes. I HATE that. I KNEW better than to use
that stuff, haven't used it in years because we have had that happen
before. Why was it even still in our shed. What a waste. They must have
gotten caught during the day and overheated in the sun. Two of them
probably means they were mating.  #@%#^.