Re: swamp milkweed
gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: swamp milkweed
  • From: Aplfgcnys@aol.com
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 18:11:26 EDT

Just be sure to remind me in a couple of months.
Auralie

In a message dated 6/10/2010 3:35:37 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
bonnie_holmes@comcast.net writes:

Me, too. One of our milkweed seen by the highways and in fields is
Asclepias tuberosa, a bright orange; I wish the common name wasn't
"Butterfly weed" as it is oft-putting to many newer gardeners. It likes
hot, dry areas so is good for a drought resistant beds. We also have
Asclepias incarnata, A. quadrifolia, and A variegata.

Bonnie
ETN Zone 7